Trail ratings are very subjective. Conditions change for many reasons, including weather and time of year. An easy trail can quickly become difficult when washed out by a rainstorm or blocked by a fallen rock. You must be the final judge of a trail’s condition on the day you drive it. If any part of a trail is difficult, the entire trail is rated difficult. You may be able to drive a significant portion of a trail before reaching the difficult spot. Read each trail description carefully for specific information.
Easy: Gravel, dirt, clay, sand, or mildly rocky road. Gentle grades. Water levels low except during periods of heavy runoff. Full-width single lane or wider with adequate room to pass most of the time. Where shelf conditions exist, road is wide with minor sideways tilt. Clay roads, when wet, can significantly increase difficulty. Some trails can be driven in 2WD under ideal conditions. Others will need 4WD and, in some cases, low-range gearing.
Moderate: Rutted dirt or rocky road. Careful tire placement may be necessary. Some grades fairly steep but manageable if dry. Soft sand possible. Sideways tilt will require caution. Narrow shelf roads possible. Backing may be necessary to pass. Water depths passable for stock high-clearance vehicles except during periods of heavy runoff. Mud holes may be present especially in the spring. Undercarriage may scrape occasionally depending on ground clearance. Rock-stacking may be necessary in some cases. Brush may touch vehicle. Four-wheel drive, low range, and higher ground clearance required in most cases. Standard factory skid plates and tow hooks recommended on many trails.
Difficult: Grades can be very steep with severe ground undulation and large boulders. Sideways tilt can be extreme. Sand hills very steep with soft downslopes. Deep water crossings possible. Shelf roads extremely narrow; use caution in full-size vehicle. Passing may be difficult with backing required for long distances. Brush may scratch sides of vehicle. Body damage possible. Some trails suitable for more aggressive stock vehicles but most trails require vehicle modification. Lifts, differential lockers, aggressive articulation, and/or winches recommended in many cases. Skid plates and tow hooks required.
Trail Rating Feedback
We love to hear feedback on trails.
Give our trails a rating!
- Trail Information Prevails. The information provided by Funtreks is not intended to replace the information provided on any trail or road, such as travel direction, time-based restrictions, animal restrictions, mode of transportation restrictions, trail blocks, trail signs, police or park ranger instructions, etc.
- Cautious Riding. Always travel vigilantly according to trail conditions and in accordance with local laws.
- No Warranty of Accuracy. The information provided by Funtreks is always fluctuating and may be inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. Funtreks does not provide any warranties to such information’s timeliness, credibility or reliability. All information and content provided by the Funtreks service (the “Service”) is made available for informational and planning purposes only, and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate, time-delayed or incomplete location or trail data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. The results you receive from the Service may vary from actual trail conditions due to factors that can affect the accuracy of the data, such as, without limitation, weather, trail and traffic conditions, and geopolitical events. For your safety, always pay attention to your surroundings and observe current trail conditions and signage.
- Location-Based Service. Some features of the Service make use of detailed location and trail route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device. These features cannot be provided without utilizing this technology.
- Internet Connection. The connection required to use the Service, and any associated charges (e.g., mobile data charges) incurred by your use of the Service are your exclusive responsibility and made solely at your expense. Transmitting and receiving real-time updates to and from the Service requires an online (e.g., Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, 5G) connection between your cellular device and the Internet. The expenses of such a connection are as prescribed by the agreement between you and your communications service provider (such as your cellular provider), and according to its applicable terms of payment.
- Public Data. The Service utilizes some public data for map displays, updates and trail information. The Service, its database, Funtreks trademarks, the design of the maps and other things integrated into the Service are owned by Funtreks, and are not public data.
- Limitation of Liability. FUNTREKS PROVIDES THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN FOR USE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FUNTREKS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, FEATURES, QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, PERFORMANCE, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. Without limiting the above, Funtreks disclaims any warranties relating to the accuracy of the Service, the trail maps, content, trail conditions, directions, or navigation routes presented or displayed in or by the Service. For instance, existing trails may be missing from the Service and/or trails listed on the Service may be nonexistent. You acknowledge and agree that you assume full, exclusive and sole responsibility for the use of and reliance on the Service, and that you further acknowledge and agree that your use of or reliance on the Service is made entirely at your own risk. You further acknowledge that it is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using the Service. Funtreks does not warrant that the Service will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner, or that it will always be available or free from all harmful components, or that it is safe, secure from unauthorized access, immune from damages, free of malfunctions, bugs or failures, including without limitation, hardware failures, software failures, and software communication failures, originating either in Funtreks or any of its providers. FUNTREKS, INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OR LOSS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT AND LOSS OF DATA), COSTS, EXPENSES AND PAYMENTS, EITHER IN TORT, CONTRACTUAL, OR IN ANY OTHER FORM OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, OR FROM ANY FAILURE, ERROR, OR BREAKDOWN IN THE FUNCTION OF THE SERVICE, OR FROM ANY FAULT OR ERROR MADE BY FUNTREKS STAFF OR ANYONE ACTING ON FUNTREKS’ BEHALF, OR FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OF THE SERVICE, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATION WITH THE SERVICE, OR WITH OTHER USERS ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR FROM ANY DENIAL OR CANCELLATION OF YOUR USER ACCOUNT, OR FROM RETENTION, DELETION, DISCLOSURE AND ANY OTHER USE OR LOSS OF YOUR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE. IN ANY EVENT, YOUR SOLE REMEDY WILL BE LIMITED TO CORRECTING SUCH ERRORS OR MALFUNCTIONS.